SCALLOPS U-8 DRY
U – 5 DRY FRESH / FROZEN
Many species of scallops are highly prized as a food source, and some are farmed as aquaculture. The word “scallop” is also applied to the meat of these bivalves, the adductor muscle, that is sold as seafood. The brightly colored, symmetrical, fan-shaped shells of scallops with their radiating and often fluted ornamentation are valued by shell collectors, and have been used since ancient times as motifs in art, architecture, and design.
Similar to shrimp, retailers describe scallop sizes by a range of numbers indicating how many of them there are in a pound. Designating scallops as “20/30” means that it would take between 20 and 30 of them to make up a pound. The smaller this number range is, the larger (by weight) the scallops are.
You may also see size designations that read “U/10” or “U/15.” In these cases, the “U” stands for “under,” indicating that it would take fewer than 10 (or 15) scallops to make up a pound. U/10 scallops would be the biggest ones available.
These weights, and thus size, are also an indicator of which type of scallop you are buying as bay and sea scallops differ greatly in size.
We Provide door to door 24 HS Delivery Services
- We are pleased to Partner with Federal Express and UPS to deliver seafood overnight to your kitchen!
- All prices include FedEx or UPS overnight shipping. Or it will be indicated in the invoice with PayPal Confirmation.
- We must receive your order by 1:00 PM EST the day your order is shipped from us. (i.e. If the order is received by 1:00 PM EST you will receive it the the following day.)
- All Saturday orders will be received on Monday (unless you prefer to pay a rush fee for Sunday or Monday Delivery).
- Please call for price & delivery options, we are waiting for your inquiry.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.